Irrespective of whether you are an aspirant who wants to work in an International Call Center or are an existing call center employee who wishes to take his/ her job profile to another level? Whatever is your state, this article will certainly make the required difference for you…
Below mentioned are five pointers that will assist your journey, polish, and improve your English communication skills as well. A fundamental fact about call centers is that joining one will require you to speak to customers across the globe and answer their queries satisfactorily. Being a call center agent is a job that requires you to be extremely well- versed, clear, prompt and precise with your responses and speak in English fluently, pleasantly and with poise. Presenting to you, easy- to- follow, step- by- step break up in developing English- speaking skills, personality, accent, etc.
1. Soft Skills: On joining a call center, soft skills will be the most crucial and vital skill that will be taught to you. It mainly refers to the way you converse with the customer in terms of the language you use, the tone and clarity of your voice. Another major lookout is to build a rapport with the customers and show them the required empathy for the situation they may be in.
2. Accent: Call center accent training usually puts you through the process of accent neutralization, elimination of mother tongue influence, which is often referred to as MTI. In addition, exercises of the jaw to enhance pronouncing the words right, intonations and their importance, pronunciation of consonants and vowels, etc. are also laid importance upon. This means a complete run through on how to go about and bring an effective change in your dialect.
3. Personality enhancement: A vast number of factors fall under this aspect, some of the vital ones include, attitude management, killing nervousness on calls, building one’s confidence, the code and conduct required for body language and dress codes. Personality enhancement is a process that is not required to be used only on the professional front but also plays a critical role in defining the person you are and should be.
4. Preparation for an interview: Preparing for an interview needs a plethora of ongoing activities, from resume development, understanding the numerous rounds of the interview, improving one’s thought process to speak on any given topic, taking active participation in group discussions, improving your spoken English skills and interactive skills, etc. All summed in a session or two for your benefit.
5. Mock Practice: Joining a call center is bound to have you take mock calls and practice before you finally hit the floor. These mock practices play an essential role in enhancing one’s communication skills and giving them an extra edge over the rest. Try to indulge in mock practices as much as possible to develop the required skills.
The ideal practice for Call Handling
A well- spoken employee is a great catch according to any company, nationally as well as internationally. Develop a strong base in your English speaking fluency and watch the English language work its charm! To learn how to improve English, enroll in an Online English speaking course and add a tint of finesse to your spoken English skills.